Monday, March 17, 2014

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner "Glam Rock" Review

 

Hello hello! Today I want to do a quick review on an impulse purchase I made at Sephora. I haven't been to sephora all year, holy crap right? Well my cousin from the UP (Upper Penninsula to you non-Michiganders) was in town and had never been. So we took her on her first Sephora trip and had so much fun! She picked out this liner and when I saw it on her I knew I had to have it. If you want to see what I think of it, click below :)

 

I've seen these liners many times before but never thought of purchasing them, I have few other glitter liners and I'm not super impressed by any of them. This one is leaps and bounds better than the others. I purchased the shade Glam Rock which is a silver glitter.

As you can see you get quite a good amount of glitter! This liner is buildable, you can use to as liner or over your whole lid really. It doesn't move once it dries, it does NOT irritate my eyes, and lasts for as long as I wear my makeup. I've had problems in the past with glitter liners irritating my skin as soon as I applied them, almost burning. This one I can't even feel.

I wanted to do a little comparison with some other glitter liners I have. Left is Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers, middle is NYX, and right is Urban Decay. The Wet n Wild and NYX have a finer glitter in them, but don't stand out as nicely. I think you can see who wins here.

My favorite way to wear this so far is applying it to my top lashline and adding mascara. It's simple but really makes a statement. For 19$ you get 0.25oz of product. Totally worth it in my opinion. I really am loving this liner and hope to purchase more in the future! You can never have enough glitter right?

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post :)

--Nicole xox

 

11 comments:

  1. I used to have one of these, years and years ago, but it burned like crazy. They seem to have re-done the formula, cuz mine was never that glittery! I am going to go buy one because this looks perfect now and I always loved mine, despite its flaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on UDs website they still sell the "vintage' heavy metal liners. Im thinking they must have changed the formula. I hope the new ones work for you!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried these before!! This looks super pretty and fun :) now I want one haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a glitter liner from NYX, but wasn't too impressed. I think I'll give Urban Decay a try! Love glitter on top of a shadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, my NyX one burnt my lid and eyes. These ones are much better!

      Delete
  4. Wow that is sparkly. I'm going to have to check out the liners next time I'm at an Urban Decay display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! Perfect for a night out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete